Just like every other pet, birds also need a lot of care, breed-appropriate nutrition, and a nice home to make them feel comfortable and safe. If cat owners purchase kitty home for their cats, dog owners purchase kennels for their dog, then as a bird owner, you should purchase the best bird cage for your bird.
Getting a nice and large bird cage for your little-feathered friend is very important as the home you provide for your pet can have a significant effect on the behavior of the pet. The bird cage is an essential containment tool for a bird enthusiast looking for a nice and comfortable place for their pet, as it provides the bird an enclosure where it can fly freely, sleep, eat, and play to retain its natural instincts.
Choosing the best bird cage for your little pet isn’t such an easy process. Knowing your bird and what the bird needs are very important. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about that as we have carried out extensive research to help you. This review covers different bird cages, and it will help you choose the right one for your bird.
Reviews of Some of the Best Bird Cages
1. Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Select Cage
Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Select Cage provides your bird a functional, safe, and comfortable place to live at a very affordable price. This bird cage is contrasted with wrought iron, and it provides a cagetop playground for your bird, to keep it contented and entertained. The cagetop playstand it provides will enable the bird to interact with the owner without leaving the safety of the cage.
It also has a heavy-duty push button lock that keeps your little pet safe in its cage after playtime. This cockatiel bird cage also has two wood perches, four stainless steel plates, and a castered stand. The castes allow you to move the cage around whenever you want, it also has stoppers that will make the cage remain at a particular spot when you don’t want to move it.
It has a bottom grill and two trays, and they are both removable – which means you can clean the droppings without stress. This bird cage is available in different colors, so you can go for the color that suits the décor of your home or you can just pick your favorite color. It also features a powder-coated, nontoxic finish, which resists scratches and holds up well for a very long time.
This cage is suitable for parrots, parakeet, cockatiel, and other types of birds. It is also a great fit for large, medium, and small birds. This may be a great option if you want a high quality, standard home for your pet bird.
2. Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage
This Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage is one the best bird cages for multiple finches, canaries, or parakeets. This cage has two huge front doors to keep your birds safe in their home. It also provides a shelf at the bottom as an additional storage space. This flight bird cage is mounted on casters, this means you can easily move the cage to wherever you want.
This economically extra-large cage also contains three wood perches and four plastic double plates. It is available in both black and white colors, F040 and F041 respectively. It also has a pull out grill at the bottom of the cage and a removable tray that is very easy to clean.
This cage has a width of 23 inches, length of 37 inches, and a wire spacing of ½ inch with 60 inches. It is not difficult to assemble. It is constructed with wrought iron, which may make it very durable and long-lasting. The iron is also powder-coated, pet safe, and non-toxic. The sizes of birth it contains include medium, small, and extra-small.
3. Prevue Pet Products Hampton Deluxe Divided Breeder Cage
Prevue Pet Products Hampton Deluxe Divided Breeder Bird Cage is a great home of your beloved pet bird as it is constructed with high-quality wrought iron with amazing built-in features to provide your bird with the freedom and comfort it needs.
This bird cage has a unique feature, as you can remove the divider to make the cage very big for your bird or use the divider to create two smaller, separate cages for your birds. This feature comes in handy if you have more than one bird, or when you want to clean the cage (you can move the bird to one section while you clean the other).
Each compartment has side nesting doors and two front doors with safety locks. Each compartment also has removable grills and trays. This bird cage is great for many little birds such as parakeets, finches, and canaries. It also contains four plastic plates and four perches for your birds to play around with. You can either make it a hanging bird cage or attach it to a stand. You can also attach it to casters, to enable you to move it around easily. It is also made with pet safe, non-toxic, and powder-coated steel mesh.
If you are looking for bird cage with the flexible feature, which you can convert to a hanging bird cage or a mobile cage, Hampton Deluxe Divided Breeder Cage may be the perfect option to go with.
4. Caitec Perch N Go Polycarbonate Bird Carrier
Are you having trouble moving your little pet bird around? Traveling with a bird either by road or air isn’t always easy. The safety of your bird is paramount when moving it, this means you need a very convenient way of moving it. Fortunately, this cage is designed to solve this issue. Caitec Perch N Go Polycarbonate Bird Carrier is a very safe carrier you can use to move your bird from one place to another.
This bird cage is designed to keep your bird safe and prevent it from injuring himself. The size of the cage is manageable enough for you to carry around. The cage even fits easily in a car, and the bird cannot escape in the transit.
Your bird can have a stress-free travel with a complete view of his environment. It is also designed in a way that you can always keep an eye on your bird. It is manufactured from very durable and lightweight polycarbonate. The cage has enough vent to reduce trauma and stress for your bird while traveling.
It has a stainless steel door, and the height is adjustable. You can easily disinfect and clean it. It is the perfect option for transporting small and medium size birds. The handle at the top of the cage is durable, and it can also double up as a perch.
5. Prevue Hendryx Triple Roof Bird Cage
Prevue Hendryx Triple Roof Bird Cage has a fascinating design and unique features. This cage is made up of two colors (white and teal) and the design of its roof is also unique. Like the name implies, this cage has a triple roof that gives it a befitting and realistic look.
This triple roof bird cage has a pull out drawer and a removable grill at the bottom of the cage. The positioning and design of the drawer and grill allow you to clean it without stress. It also has four eucalyptus wood perches and two plastic plates. This cage is designed for conducive for all types of birds including cockatiel, parakeets, and other small and medium-sized birds. It has a plastic tray and it is made of pet safe, non-toxic, and powder-coated steel.
The cage is easy to maintain and disinfect. You can wash the cage with warm water and mild soap. After wash, you need to dry it thoroughly, but don’t dry the tray in the sun, as it can warp. The overall size of this cage has a length of 26-inch, width of 14-inch, and a height of 22.5-inch. This cage is spacious enough for your bird to fly and play around. If you are looking for a tabletop cage or hanging bird cage, this may be one of the best bird cages you can find.
6. Prevue Pet Products Stainless Steel Bird Cage
Prevue Pet Products Stainless Bird Cage is a sophisticated and stylish bird cage for medium and small sized birds. This large bird cage is made from quality stainless steel. This stainless steel is used to emboss a decorative design around the roof cap and base of the cage, it is also used to design the stylish handle of the cage.
This bird cage has well-decorated ceramic water and food cups, which enhances the overall design of the cage. It also has two wooden perches that are elegant and foot-friendly. The grille and tray in the cage are removable – for easy cleaning. This stainless steel bird cage has a height of 30-inches, diameter of 17.5-inch, and a wire spacing of 0.5-inch. The tray is stainless, and the steel mesh is pet safe and non-toxic. It is also very easy to wash as it all it requires is just warm water and mild soap.
Types of Bird Cages
There are four different categories of bird cages, including flight, classic, playtop (cagetop), and dometop. Flight cages are usually wide and large enough to accommodate several birds with enough space to fly freely from perch to perch.
Classic cages are usually boxy in shape, but they provide enough room for large parrots. Playtop cages are built for specifically active birds and they usually have a little play section at the rooftop where the owner of the bird can interact with the bird without leaving the cage. Dometop cages usually have expanded and curved top section, and they are perfect for birds that love climbing.
So you can choose a bird cage depending on what you want for your bird. For instance, if you are looking for a bird cage that is wide and large enough to accommodate many birds, then you should go for Prevue Hendryx Pet Products Wrought Iron Flight Cage. This is a flight cage that provides enough room for your birds to fly freely from perch to perch.
Also, if you have a very active bird and often want to spend time with it without getting it out of its cage, you should go for Prevue “Pet Products Wrought Iron Select Cage,” as it provides a playground at the rooftop where you can interact with the bird without bringing it out of the cage.
Tips for Choosing the Best Bird Cage for Your Bird
Choosing the best bird cage for your bird can sometimes be complicated. There are a lot of things you need to put into consideration. While there are lots of bird cages out there, you need to know which will be suitable and comfortable for your bird. Listed below are some of the vital things you need to consider when choosing either a hanging bird cage or a cockatiel bird cage for your beloved pet bird.
- The Internal Space of the Cage: The internal living space of the cage is one of the most crucial things you need to consider when choosing a home for your bird. This is because the overall well-being of your bird can be affected by a very small cage. Naturally, birds like spreading and flapping their wings, so if the space in the cage is limited, the bird will find it very difficult to do so. Hence, you need a large bird cage. A cage that will give your bird the room it needs to maintain its natural instinct. For your bird to do very well, you need to make the space it has is large enough for two birds.
- The Design and Style of the Cage: The design and style of the cage is another thing you need to put into consideration. Definitely, everyone wants something of great quality but still looks amazing for the bird. If this is the case, you have to consider both the color of the bird and the cage. If you have the opportunity to choose, go for a cage that complements your bird’s color. You can also go for stainless cages, as it looks great physically, it’s easy to maintain, and it contrasts the color of most birds.
- The Shape of the Cage: The shape of the cage is also very important. You need to go for a shape that provides enough space for the bird. Cagetop cages are a great option, as they provide your bird some sort of entertainment. You can go for a playtop or playstand
Advantages of Wrought Iron and Stainless Steel Bird Cages
There are lots of benefits of getting a bird cage that is durable and long-lasting, but stainless steel bird cages are outstanding. Here are three outstanding benefits of choosing a wrought iron or stainless steel bird cage for your bird.
- They Are Durable: Wrought iron and Stainless steel bird cages are durable and they tend to last for a very long time. While they are a little bit expensive, they are worth investing in as you will get back the value of your money in the long run. These cages are capable of withstanding tons of abuse. If your bird is very active and destructive, you don’t have to worry as the bird cage will not be ruined. They are also resistant to rust, and they can maintain their good look for years.
- They Are Easy to Clean: Wrought Iron and Stainless steel cages are easy to maintain, and you can clean them without worrying about their finish. Stainless steel cages are also much easier to wipe down. You can scrub a stainless steel cage and not worry about rusting or whether the paint will rub off. Whenever you clean a stainless steel bird cage, it tends to have a brand new look. So no matter how messy your bird is, a stainless steel bird cage will handle it.
- Health Factor: Stainless steel and wrought iron cages are naturally pet safe and non-toxic. They are made from the same material used in Hospitals. You don’t have to worry about your bird eating or chipping away at the paint because they do not have paint. Bacteria cannot grow on a stainless steel, hence, your bird will be free from any form of disease. Your bird will be safe, sound and healthy.
When you are well equipped on how to find the best bird cage, the entire process will be much easier for you, and you will be able to make the right choice for your bird. Make sure you know what your bird needs, compare the features and functions of the bird cages, and go for an option that will be a great fit for your bird.
However, our recommended choice for the best bird cage is the Prevue Pet Products Stainless Bird Cage, as it is made of stainless steel, and stainless steel bird cages are the best. Prevue Pet Products Stainless Bird Cage also has enough space for your bird. It is also stylish and flexible as you can either hang it or keep it on a table. Based on its features, this may be the best option.